This SpySweeper is a Major PITA!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Clueless76, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Clueless76

Clueless76 Private E-2

I keep having problems with SpySweeper. It seems to be so picky about security that it keeps messing everything up! Anyways, after the last sweep, I am unable to get any kinds of graphics in my emails. When I open my emails in OE, a little bar on the top says:

Some pictures have been blocked to help prevent the sender from identifying your computer. Click here to download pictures.

I do not need this kind of protection, as I am well equipped with spyware removers, AV programs, etc. How the heck to I enable my pics again?

2. nigneil146

nigneil146 Private E-2

It's actually sp2 that gives you that message in OE.

I don't know how to help you though. I have not installed sp2 yet.

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Same way you unblocked spam in previous versions of Outlook Express. Frankly, I like it because it does not let senders easily realize I got the email. If you are not receiving a lot of images you expect, and are getting spam, your not missing anything and are better off clicking that for emails you expect. Like most of Microsofts new features, it is a good idea followed up with no options. People in my address book should be exempt for example. Ok, rant off, here you go:

Tools, options, security in Outlook Express. Uncheck "Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail.

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds