This sucks (WinXP Home logon)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Matth3w, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Matth3w

Matth3w Corporal

I followed the Windows XP tech advice from a thread on another message board. It instructs you to type in some sort of run code into Start>Run which should allow you automatic logon.

Now, I am FULLY aware about going into the CP and and selecting change how users logon (I forgot at the time, though, which is why I did that instead).

Now what it does, is it boots up, then comes to a screen where it looks like a Windows2000/NT etc logon box with the username is "Administrator" (I don't have an account named that, only "Matthew" which is the admin account), and automatically pops up an error saying it can't log me in (probably because its trying to auto-login an account that doesn't exist).

After I hit ok, and change the User Name to Matthew and hit enter (w/o entering a pw) it THEN goes to the usual ugly XP login with the little chess logo, to which, I still have to hit "Matthew" to be logged in.

If this was 6-10 months ago, when I never rebooted or turned off my computer, that would be ok...but now that gas/elec prices have doubled, I tend to shut it off at least once a day.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Electricity prices have doubled....where?!?!

At any rate, is this computer using any Novell software?

3. Matth3w

Matth3w Corporal

no novell software, just xp home. i live in cali.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds