Thumbnails in Win Explorer

Discussion in 'Software' started by floyd, Jan 25, 2008.

1. floyd

floyd Private First Class

I use WIN XP Pro and all my folders in Win Explorer opens up in the details view and that's OK. What I would like is to have just My Pictures folders and sub folders open in a thumbnail view.
    My question is is there a way to select just the folders and sub folders in My Pictures to open in thumbnails without doing each sub folder one at a time?
    Thanks.
    Floyd

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Not sure how to lock the view into place, but I know you can set all your folders the same, and apply a folder template on the My Pictures folder so that it and all its subfolders will use thumbnails. Here's how:

Set All Folders To The Same View Options:
    1. Go to any folder on your system, and configure it to your liking.
    2. Select 'Folder Options' from the 'Tools' menu
    3. On the 'Folder Options' dialog, select the 'View' tab.
    4. Under 'Folder Views' press the 'Apply To All Folders' button
    5. Apply your settings.

Now every folder view options should be identical to this current folders settings.

Set A Folder Template:
    1. Right-click the 'My Pictures' folder
    2. Select 'Properties'
    3. On the folder properties dialog, select the 'Customize' tab
    4. Under 'What Kind Of Folder Do You Want?' select 'Photo Album' or 'Pictures'
    5. Apply your settings

Now you should have thumbnails view on all these folders.

I do believe there is a way to lock the settings with a registry hack, but I'm unfamiliar with it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds