"Thumbs" Appearing In "My Pictures" folders

Discussion in 'Software' started by Oooops!, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hi!
    I noticed that I have an icon called "Thumbs" appearing in "My Pictures" folders, as well as in "My Documents".

Can I get rid of them? I don't understand why or how they got there. I'm gonna guess they appeared either after I used "System Restore" or after I cleaned out FireFox via Registry and reinstalled FireFox. (see other thread for explanation of this, "FireFox Not Responding" at http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72037)

Thanks!
    :)

2. waltaja

waltaja Private First Class

only time i ever saw those was when i had the viewing of hidden files and folders option turned on

3. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Oh frig, yes thanks. That was one of the things I had to do that was in my instruction list to repair FireFox. Thanks, I'll go and do the reverse.
    Thank you!
    ;)

4. waltaja

waltaja Private First Class

your welcome! glad to help

5. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Hi!
    I apologize to bring up an older thread, but thought that I would ask so I could learn.

What are these "Thumbs" that previously displayed in my folders? I didn't Google it, as I figured there would be a lot of technical wording that I didn't understand.

Thank you!
    ;)

6. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

These are thumb nail views of the pictures contained in the folders. Hence the name "thumbs"!

7. Oooops!

Oooops! MajorGeek

Thanks!
    ~ blushing ~
    :rolleyes:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds