Thumbs.db:encryptable

Discussion in 'Software' started by concerned_, Oct 15, 2010.

1. concerned_

concerned_ Private E-2

Hi,
    I was scanning with Superanti Spyware, and I kept on seeing it bring up a file called Thumbs.db:encryptable

What is this file? It is really concerning me? What worries me most about it is the fact that it has a : in it, when normal windows files dont have this. Is this dangerous? Thanks for your help

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. concerned_

concerned_ Private E-2

Superanti spyware didnt see it as a threat, but I was seeing what files its scanning, and Thumbs.db:encryptable was one of those files. This file was amongst my folders that had pictures in them. It scanned it in almost all the folders that I have pictures saved in. The weirdest thing is that I set my computer to show hidden files and folders, and also so it shoes operating files, like thumbs.db, I was finding thumbs.db, but I couldnt find Thumbs.db:encryptable, and I was searching in the folders where Superanti spyware said it scanned them in. Why isnt it showing up? I even tried ti find it with search and I still couldnt.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds