Thunderbird chronically rejects pqw

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skysarge, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

PC: Clone
    ISP: AY&T U-verse
    Email: Mozilla Thunderbird

I have two email accounts, a primary and secondary.

At any given time one or both are inaccessible. I get an error message that my Password is incorrect or not recognized. This is chronic.
    I contact AT&T, the reset the pw which sometimes does not work.
    I was "bumped" to the next tier. They say they can access my email with the pw they supplied, or with the new one I supplied if I did.
    Now they are saying maybe it is the cookies and cache need clearing and cleaning. My initial reaction is maybe it's my Grandma's false teeth need cleaning.
    Is their idea just that stab in the dark, or can it do something besides waste my time.
    This is the 5th time within 5 days I have been locked out.

Sarge

2. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Worked with AT&T tech most of two hours.
    They can access the account, I can go to ATT website and retrieve mail, but cannot get password recognized going directly to account with Thunderbird.
    $#@&>"!
    Sarge

3. cipher

cipher Major Geek Extraordinaire

Possibly your Thunderbird install has some corrupted files. Have you uninstalled it and reinstalled? I know the losing the prefs is a pain, but this is what I would try since it appears that the app is the culprit...

Use Revo to uninstall Thunderbird.

4. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

So, all of the sudden email is back on track. I had Adv Sys Care run a full boat, patching, deleting, even cleaning to include my Grandma's false teeth. Being one who leaves well enough alone, I am opting not to delete T'bird at this time. That could change in the next five minutes, a week, or quite some time down that proverbial road.
    Keeping this on file should the system screw up again, I acan go back to it and try recommendations.
    Thanks for assisting
    Sarge

5. cipher

cipher Major Geek Extraordinaire

[​IMG] <Tom Bodett> "We’ll leave the light on for you" </Tom Bodett>

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds