Thunderbird (Moz-mail) Problem/Question

Discussion in 'Software' started by grc123, Jan 6, 2011.

1. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

A quick search here availed no help.

In Thunderbird (I'll have to edit this post to give the file version), I get this message ("Error", to me) - attached - if I DARE to close the program, and then have to log-off/restart the user account (or restart the machine?) to get it to open.

Looks to me like it's not closing-out completely, and therefore cannot be restarted, with ease.

Any clues? Thanks in advance...

Attached Files:

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Have you checked in task manager to see how many instances of it is running? Have you stopped it in task manager when it gives you that error?

3. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Well I have now (and thx btw)...actually I had checked once before, and as was the case then, it "appears" (to me) that only one instance of it is running (attached)

Always thought this was a "no-no" (at least/especially for me to do??) though I am sure I did try that at least once out of frustration - to no avail (at least not to any "permanent" or longer-term sort of solution)...

Attached Files:

4. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

Hello,

End the process in task manager and reload thunderbird to see if it comes up then.

5. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Ok - yes - I ended it in T.M., and then I was/am able to open it up that way.

I shouldn't have to do that every time, should I? (?)...

6. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

it doesn't happen all the time, There could be numerous of reasons why it happens.

1. Could be any extensions that are installed on Thunderbird could be stopping it from loading on screen.

2. Any other programs that have loaded up could be stopping it from loading on the screen.

7. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Well, I reckon that means uninstall-reinstall w/o extensions/add-ons (if I have any in T-Bird, I don't recall...but I don't believe I do - unless you're speaking of Firefox, which I do have a few add-ons/extensions there) - and then add things back one at a time and check...?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds