TightVNC question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Still Learning, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Still Learning

Still Learning Private First Class

I recently installed server on one computer and then the viewer on my computer since i want to view their pc from mine. I used the do no create icons feature and added the reg key to disable it in the system tray so tight VNC runs more stealth. The only question I have is when i run the program and take control of the other PC they can see what im doing to their pc, is there anyway i can look threw files, pictures and stuff on the other pc without them seeing me actully doing it?
    some kind of setting or something? like say i want to go threw their files to make sure they are doing what they are suppose to while they are working but dont want them to actully see me doing it. thanks!

2. Still Learning

Still Learning Private First Class

is there something that will work like what i explained that is better then tight vnc? I would like to setup an environment like say an employer spying on an employees work without them knowing to see if they are doing what they are suppose to be doing, i checked major geeks covert ops section but what would you recommend?

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

4. PEBKAC

PEBKAC Private First Class

Word to the Wise: If you are planning on spying on a particular employee, you might want to consult both your Human Resources Department and your company's Legal Council first--especially if you're doing it from the perspective of collecting evidence against an employee. (For example: Is your investigation the result of a known company policy violation on the part of the employee?) I'm certainly not an attorney, nor a legal expert, but it's my understanding that there are a lot of things to take into consideration when doing forensics type work--both technical and legal. I'd recommend talking to an attorney before you start "spying".

5. the_g_bomb

the_g_bomb Private E-2

Seconded, I'm not sure where you are based, but in the UK there is data protection and privacy laws against this kind if thing, if you are going to check up on what people do at work you have to up front about it and let them know you're doing it. Not sure how whether its just a matter of having a privacy policy and stating in that that monitoring may occur, but at my company we have a policy that states that monitoring will not occur unless permission is given.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds