Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maglib, Oct 25, 2012.

1. maglib

maglib Private First Class

Okay we finally got the 3tb time capsule attached which should supposedly act as a router and a wireless backup for all the computers in the house!!! Now how?

We are out of warrenty already!!!!!

We hooked up 1 desktop windows XP PC to it directly. We also hooked up 1 wireless HP printer. We then had to add another router onto the time capsule to allow our other wireless printer to work. From everything I read this overpriced Time Capsule only allows 1 printer!!! ridiculous.

we have 1 Vista desktop, 2 windows 7 laptops, 1 XP laptop, and a macbook.

How do we set this thing up so that each of the above can wirelessly back up to this huge back up device???? What software is there even to back up? I realize it's the Z: drive and every backup software was confuzzling to me to say the least.

I can work around a computer. Follow directions. etc.

Thanks.......:wave

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

3. maglib

maglib Private First Class

Thanks for the info. What I wanted to know that I still don't get, is can we all just back up to Z:\\ and set up difft. subdirectories including the MAC? Will there be any conflicts?

Is there one backup software that will work better and easiest to use? The one thing I found is whenever I tried a backup software it would never recognize the Z: drive to backup to.

Thanks. Please be careful and stay safe during the storm.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds