timed out getting connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kc2hse, Feb 2, 2006.

1. kc2hse

kc2hse Private E-2

Not sure if this is the correct spot to ask this but I gotta start somewhere.

Ok this is going to sound weird but I need help. I just put together a new computer and ever since I have had issues connecting to my Nascar 2003 server, only my server!!!!! I have 2 ip addresses and I use one to host and one to connect. I go through a switch to one tower and to a router. My old computer hooked up the same way and I never had any issues.

So here is the problem, I can connect once either direct Ip or through Sierra but once I disconnect I lose it and I am told that I have had a connection time out. I can go to the lobby and connect to any other server as many times as I want with no problems at all. Sounds like a network problem right? I would think so too except that I have my sons computer connected through the router the exact same way and I also have a different copy of Nascar on his tower. (I have 4 copies LOL) I have no problems at all connecting with his.

I have tried swapping ethernet cables on the router. No success. I tried a different network card, updated drivers, reloaded windows and a reload of n2k3 NOTHING WORKED. After a period of time (I'm not quite sure how long I haven't tested it) I can reconnect to my server but I'll be damned if I disconnect I go through it all over again. Do any of you have any ideas why this happening? What can I try next?

My system specs:
    Msi board: ms-7142
    AMD: 3400+ Sempron 64
    1 gig 3200 ram
    windows xp sp2
    creative sound card
    nvidia 6600gt
    Netgear nc100 network card.

2. luv2hack

luv2hack Private E-2

My self also in same problem But i am using windows 2000 sp4 some one help out

3. kc2hse

kc2hse Private E-2

Looks like only two of us have this sort of problem, and no one has an answer.

4. luv2hack

luv2hack Private E-2

Ya I did every thing mate.. foramted changed switch.. router.... and i used Linux as server also when the system is fresh no problem in Time out after 10 to 15 min its getting started.

5. kc2hse

kc2hse Private E-2

Yeah I can get back in after a certain period of time. I'd say about 15 minutes. Very weird though. I even went as far as to buy another new motherboard and processor. Isn't helping. I have upgraded to the amd 64 processor class. I never had this problem with my old 2400+ Athlon. Wondering if it has something to do with the new processors or boards?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds