TNT2 64M 32Mb graphics card driver issue - WindowsXP

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dr T, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Dr T

Dr T Private E-2

Hi everyone

I'm having aproblem starting a program which seems to be down to a missing driver.

Here is a screenshot of the error message

[​IMG]
    Program error by _Dr_T, on Flickr

When i go into the device manager this is what I see

[​IMG]
    Device Manager diag by _Dr_T, on Flickr

when i run dxdiag i get this under the display tab

[​IMG]
    DirectX diag by _Dr_T, on Flickr

i've removed the side of hte PC tower and the graphics card is a 3D power TNT2 M64 32Mb item.

My everest log is attached.

I have been to the NVIDIA website and downloaded the driver they suggestf for my card with windows XP but it when i run the program it just says it can't find and hardware that is compatable with the drivers it has to offer.

I also installed an earlier version of the drivers which did install ok but did not remove the problem.

I have checked that 'hardware acceleration' is set to the far right (ON) of the slider.

The PC i'm doing this for is offline and can not be connected to the internet, this I can nto change as its a matter of policy.

Can any of you guys help me solve this and get the correct drivers to make the graphics card work?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

I see that this machine is on Windows XP SP1.

What I would do if I were in your situation is to download SP2 and SP3 on another machine, then install each in sequence. Most likely this will fix the display adapter driver problem.

3. Dr T

Dr T Private E-2

Great spot, I downloaded both service packs this morning and installed them in sequence as you suggested and it has worked!! thank you so much for taking the time to look through my thread and offer a hand.

:celebrate

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds