To Anyone Running Avg Antivirus Free

Discussion in 'Software' started by pompste, Aug 7, 2004.

1. pompste

pompste Private First Class

Hi,i have downloaded & installed AVG FREE--ok so far.I downloaded the AVG 6732 application file to my desktop(6.82mb),then opened this application file to install AVG FREE.
    Seems like a dumb question,but is it ok to delete the AVG 6732 APPLICATION FILE after it has been used to install AVG,or must it remain for AVG to function properly?

THANKS MUCH TO ALL RESPONDERS

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

I use AVG free too!
    As Abbysue said, OK to delete, same is true for most any other program.
    Most any program I download, I wil save to CD or my documents, then if I need to reinstall I still got it.
    Alot of programs free/etc will be updated (sometimes the old version is more prefferable) or even discontinued, so is nice to have on cd or stored on the PC, for future use.

3. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

good advice. i always just open them. in future i will save to my documents. aloha

4. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

I have way too many cd's full of just these types of things. The wife always asks why I keep all this stuff, but she know's from all the times we've had to reinstall.

5. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

I usually save the download to my desktop. This gives me the opportunity to right click and explore. Then I can read the readme files etc prior to install. There have been many that I deleted after download and never installed because of known glitches, conflicts and other stuff that I have become aware of before installation. After install, I can the just drag and drop the file into a folder that I keep in My Documents. :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds