To Anyone Running Avg Free Antivirus

Discussion in 'Software' started by pompste, Aug 27, 2004.

1. pompste

pompste Private First Class

Hi,does anyone with avg free ever notice that avg does not really check C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS?
    Try this check to see if it checks yours:Open avg,click on "TEST RESULTS",Then click on any TEST RESULTS LISTING,then click on "DETAIL INFO".
    On my machine AVG lists several entries under C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS that avg CANNOT OPEN;NOT CHECKED.

If this is similiar on your machine,is there any reason why it cannot open those files to check for viruses?

I`ve always wondered why avg scans my C and D drives so fast(16 minutes) compared to the 45 minute scans it took when i had mcafee viruscan installed.I got rid of mcaffee a few months ago because it`s a resource hog.
    THANKS FOR ANY INFORMATION

2. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

I see that as well, but most all are .dat files in the Local and Network Settings subfolders-- it's probably just that they're protected files.

3. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

hey now you said it, i see what you mean!!!!!!!
    on my main computer that my family use, it has 3 partitions and can take up to an hour to scan! my computer that's on the network takes about 10 mins and never scans my docs! better manually scan it every now and then!!!

4. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

5. pompste

pompste Private First Class

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds