To run a home security cam what system requirements are needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by mcduke, Dec 3, 2010.

1. mcduke

mcduke Corporal

I'm interested in using an older computer for setting up a home computer cam security system. Something with acouple of cameras. I've seen home security software that can turn a webcam into a motion sensing camera for the computer that can even save the file to online site as well as the sending a message to you cell phone warning you of a possible breaking. It says you can even have several cams running adn will work on windows 98 to xp, but there's nothing about what about system requirements. So I'm wondering what requirements are needed for the setup. Would I need a dual core computer? I have an old single core athlon 3200 with 2 gig ddr ram and a 250 gig hard drive, Would that be good enough??

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

I can't imagine that you would need a dual core for the program, especially since the program states that it will run on Win 98.

3. mcduke

mcduke Corporal

I just wanted to make sure it would work with a computer that's afew years old. It came with xp on it.

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

What's the security program? Maybe we can do some digging, make sure it's compatible.

5. mcduke

mcduke Corporal

It's called yawcam

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Not seeing anything that suggests it supports multiple cams. :confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds