To send email to a PO box?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ziggie, Aug 9, 2010.

1. ziggie

ziggie Private E-2

I'm trying/er--want to send message to someone that doesn't have an internet...... the only thing they have is is a po box and a address, and a plain Jane phone line.

And ideas??

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi

I'm sorry, but what are you asking? Are you asking how to get a computer message (email) to someone with no internet? The answer would be, unless they have an email address they can access either through a public computer terminal or a friend, there isn't a way.

I'm not trying to be smart, but why not just call them or send it through traditional mail?

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

If they have a nearby friend , with an email account, why not send it via them.
    That is if the email is not too personal.:)

Bazza

PS: to LauraR. Our replies crossed. :-D

Baz

===

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  4. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Email nearby friend...public computer (library, etc.), all good, and I was thinking the same here ... and yes, there is an ancient method, whereby one would obtain a device...known as; "an envelope"...and, though it costs a whopping .40-some cents (U.S.) these days, one could actually enter an address on the front of the envelope, and...... :-D

5. 12quidkidinnit

12quidkidinnit Private First Class

Apologies if this is an old fashioned idea, but as a last resort, why not post them a letter.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds