too lazy to upgrade whole computer so... might just get 7800gs?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MellowMan, Apr 7, 2006.

1. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

thinking about getting this instead of upgrading my whole computer. right now have a 6600gt.
    my friend saids he'll give me $100 for my 6600gt, so this 7800gs will only cost me $200. do

you guys/gals think it will be worth while?

I have a Barton @2.3ghz 1gig Ram

thanks.

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Hmmm,tough one,your system is borderline good enough,you certainly wont get the cards potential,I dont think the extra performance will be worth the money over the 6600gt,but it depends how much you like your games :confused:

3. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

that's what i was wondering too:confused: wonder if there was anyone who has gone from a 6600gt to 7800gs with similar cpu?

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

5. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

thanks Rikky, those benchmarks really helped.

I think I will go ahead and do the upgrade. the 7800gs is a lot faster than the 6600gt.

I think that it will be worth it, even with my old cpu.:D
    -Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds