Too many startup items?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Prophets21, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Prophets21

Prophets21 Staff Sergeant

When I start Windows 50% of the time I see my sound card (Creative 24-bit) system tray icon. 50% of the time it's not there. Running XP Home SP2.

What could cause this?

2. DrRoms

DrRoms Private E-2

Hi,
    If you right click on the blank portion of your task bar and then clik 'properties',
    do you have a check mark in the little box that says "hide inactive icons" ?

If you do,,,,,uncheck it and then clik Apply and OK.

By the way, what does the speaker icon have to do with the title of your post.
    If you really want help with the "too many programs starting up" problem. Come back and ask me. I've got several suggestions on that.

Cheers,
    DrRoms :cool:

3. Prophets21

Prophets21 Staff Sergeant

It has nothing to do with the having too many startup items, you just proved to me what it was. I get confused easily. :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds