1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too much junk mail

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by whicky1978, Nov 22, 2005.

1. whicky1978

whicky1978 Staff Sergeant

Recently, I was duped into signing up for one of those "You have one an iPod" type deals, and I gave out my email address. Now I can lost of junk mail/spam and I was wondering if there is a way that I can systematically block all of those emails. It would take too long to set up a filter for each email address.

Note, I don't have any spyware problems because I stay on top of it.
  2. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

Are there any common subject messages.

For example do they all contain a specific word or something. You can set that up as a filter.
  3. dedub

dedub Corporal

What email client are you using? Outlook? If so I use SpamBaynes spam blocker and it works great. There are other free and pay spam filters out there. Do a google for spam blockers.
  4. whicky1978

I am getting some repeat senders. I am going to gradually add filters using the email addresses and/or subject words
  5. whicky1978

My filters seem to be working, I'm not getting alot of junkmail anymore.
  6. SoloTraveller

SoloTraveller Private First Class

I use Outlook 2003 as a mail client, and haven't had any spam problems at all to speak of since installing it. Great junk mail filters built in. It costs $$, but IMHO well worth it.