Toshiba A135-s7403 with Win2003 (almost got the drivers all installed)

Discussion in 'Software' started by gnomewithonesock, Jan 2, 2009.

1. gnomewithonesock

gnomewithonesock Private E-2

So i am very close to having it all installed but i have 1 unknown device (mass storage controller) and one with the exclaimation mark on it (microsoft uaa bus driver for high definition audio) .I have no sound either and when i plug my ipod in my laptop won't recognize it and it doesnt show up in ''my computer''.Please help me find these remaining issues.

here is my evrest report too

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2009
  2. gnomewithonesock

Toshiba Laptop Drivers?

I am running windows 2003 on a Satellite A135-S7403.I have only 2 drivers left.
    ''audio device on high definition audio bus'' and ''mass storage controller''.can you please help me, ive been searching for a few days now and really want to mess with my new ipod but my pc wont allow it till i fix these issues.here is my evrest report..

i went to intels site to install the chipset driver but i still am missing these two drivers.

heres the report and other thread i was asking for help at but i don't think they can help me with this tricky laptop.

http://forums.techguy.org/attachments/143858d1230925050/report.txt

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/785967-toshiba-laptop-drivers.html#post6383551

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Re: Toshiba Laptop Drivers?

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

Download KB888111 from this link (it's the Microsoft UAA Hi-Def Audio Update) and download the sound drivers from this link. Install KB888111 first (I know it says WinXP on it, but according to Microsoft, Win2k3 uses the same update), then install the sound drivers, then restart the PC. That should get the sound going. I think the Mass Storage Device is the TI media reader. I downloaded the Vista driver from the Toshiba support site, extracted it, looked through the .INF files, and it's actually an XP/2000 driver and should work OK for Windows 2003. You can download it from this link.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!!!

[dlb]

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:confused I believe you have 2 threads going for the same problem....

I have posted a reply here.

Hopefully an admin or forum mod will remove this thread...

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Threads merged :)

Please keep to one thread for one problem so it makes it easier for those trying to assist you. Thanks.

6. gnomewithonesock

eeek im sorry.ill post back when i try out those drivers.thanks to all for helping me in anyway.:cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds