toshiba a215-s7472 xp drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by johannlynx, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johannlynx

johannlynx Private E-2

I have a toshiba satellite a215-s7472 it comes with windows vista , but i cant stand it anymore
    vista is driving me crazy , hangs all the time , crashes too often , many problems
    i have 2 gigas of ram n a dual core of 2.2 Ghz , n this laptop with vista runs slower
    than my old laptop that had 512 of ram n a procesor of 1.5 Ghz running xp

right now im desperate, i wanna get XP but toshiba didnt release drivers for my laptop
    to run XP , i need help to find drivers that can make run XP in my laptop

any help would b appreciated

thx in advance

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Drivers aren't that hard to find. You need to find another PC with the same motherboard and hardware as yours, running XP as the original OS.
    (I am a little busy today or I would look around for you. I'll get with you soon , if someone else doesn't)
    Even with the proper driver drivers you may have install problems with audio. I tell everyone not to backgrade to XP, but that is your choice to make. If you do make sure you have a Recovery disc, so that you will be able to restore back to Vista, if you need to.

I'm wondering why your Vista is crashing. It has been very stable on my system (more than XP was) and is considered stable by most of those I know using it.
    It's possible you could just have an Hardware issue, that may carry over to XP.
    Have you looked in your event logs to see what is causing the crashes?

3. johannlynx

johannlynx Private E-2

im really tired of vista, i really dunno what is wrong with mine but i have to format relatively often , drives me crazy , i believe XP is faster n more stable, with the 2gb of ram i have with xp would have great speed , but with vista .. it sucks

i have been searching the drivers but i cant find, toshiba didnt release xp drivers for this laptop, i really wanna get xp i cant stand vista anymore :cry

this r the specs for my laptop

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/product/pdf_files/detailed_specs/satellite_A215-S7472.pdf

how can i know which drivers can b compatible ???

i hope u can help me , i will b patient

PS. i wont remove vista i will dual boot .
    well i plan on remove vista but when im completely sure xp fully works

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Here are the XP drivers for some of your components. Don't install any yet as there is a certain order they should be installed in. (Chipset, audio, etc)
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modItemList.jsp?BV_SessionID=%40%40%40%401109655559.1208119149%40%40%40%40&BV_EngineID=ccccadedkmkmeekcgfkceghdgngdgnj.0&ModelDLOS=Windows+XP%7C132594&ModelDLCat=null&BV_SessionID=%40%40%40%401109655559.1208119149%40%40%40%40&BV_EngineID=ccccadedkmkmeekcgfkceghdgngdgnj.0&ListType=Model&ct=DL&moid=1854772&rpn=PSAELU&OrderBy=D&PublicStartIndex=0&PrivateStartIndex=0&PublicCutOff=&PrivateCutOff=&AddOldPublicItems=false&AddOldPrivateItems=undefined&all_docs=false&x=61&y=9

If you would download Everest and upload it's report, I will get to looking for some more tonight. I would like to know what motherboard, sound chip, etc. is being used. (Toshiba's DETAILED Specs aren't very detailed)

Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware related pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box, scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box, like, "Here's my report.", so that it will submit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds