Toshiba E205 S1904 Buttons Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tomg, Dec 23, 2011.

1. tomg

tomg Private First Class

Running Windows 7 64 bit

Recently the "touch buttons" on the right sight of the keyboard have somehow become unassigned. These buttons control volume, mute, activate the backlit keyboard, and a few other functions.

Short of resetting this machine to factory defaults, any ideas?

Thanks.

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

Go to CONTROL PANEL > DEVICE MANAGER. Do you see any Red "X" or Yellow "?" by any of the installed devices? If so, open them and click on "reinstall driver". If Windows can't find the drivers automatically, go to Toshiba's web support site and see if there is a specific driver or software download that controls the touch buttons.

Hope this helps. :)

3. tomg

tomg Private First Class

thanks Gman, but no red X or yellow ?

I also tried to system restore to about 1 month ago (before the problem started), but that didn't work either.

I think i'm screwed and will just have to reload Win 7 from scratch

thanks for trying to help

4. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

If you click the Windows globe and type: HWSetup in the search box.

On the "Button Setting" tab can you select disable and apply. Then enable and apply. Does that help?

5. tomg

tomg Private First Class

Bingo! Your suggestion worked, thanks very much, tgell!

6. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Glad you got it sorted out and thank you for the feedback. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds