Toshiba keyboard issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by randhlmn, Jul 18, 2013.

1. randhlmn

randhlmn Private E-2

I have a Toshiba T135D-S1324 that has keyboard issues. Very few of the buttons work, the arrow keys & F8 key do not work. I tried in safe mode but they still don't work. My question is if I get a new keyboard for it will that fix the problem or are there other issues. Here are the keys that work in order:
    34567890=
    ry\
    a
    bn
    As you can see very few work.
    When I got it yesterday it had no security on it, I installed Avast & Malwarebytes: Malwarebytes removed 162 issues and then Avast removed 14. Device Manger says the driver is up to date

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  2. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Have you tried attaching and external keyboard via USB?

This is an older laptop, so the chances of the keyboard going bust are fairly good. Did you just get this laptop, as in purchased used/secondhand?

What is the operating system, service pack, and does it have a recovery partition listed under "My Computer"?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds