TOSHIBA l300 Power on , no screen in/out

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mac S, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Mac S

Mac S Private E-2

I have a toshiba l300 laptop which powers on i can hear the hdd going through boot , but cant see no screen internal screen or off a dekstop monitor , I am ordering a mini pci 4digit laptop tester card, will this be able to diagnose specifically a onboard video problem ? I would like to pinpoint the problem and have a multimeter useful if that will help !

2. itmortiz

itmortiz Corporal

It's possible, i mean, that kind of cards could do the job to tell you if something is wrong with the MoBo of the laptop, but if the piece broken is hard or impossible to find or repair what you'll do?

Maybe is good have a tool like that, but if i have f,e 100 bucks i prefeer invert that in a technician that knows better the problem and maybe fix it, that a tool that just only say "yes is broken".

Btw, as i see you seems don't know much about laptops, maybe you get it broken more than it is now. (nothing personal just my opinion)

Cheers.:zzz

3. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Can you access BIOS? If so, are all drives and memory listed?

Have you tried to boot to a system disk?

Make sure your RAM is seated correctly.

4. Mac S

Mac S Private E-2

tried seating ram , no bios because there is no screen output ? I DID take the heatsink of the cpu and ondoard gpu and put some thermal paste on it ? i will take it to the technician who can diagnose for $20 and the card unfortunately is already on its way but it only cost $2 oh well.

5. Mac S

Mac S Private E-2

I like to try forum before going to tech could save time and money sometimes ya never know :major

6. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

If you've got a technician that can definitively diagnose this type of problem for $20, then you've found a gold mine - please send me his/her address. :major

I'd still try booting to a system disk - you never know.

Any way you can pull the hard drive, and slave it to another machine to check it out? That's the only other laptop component I can think of that's readily accessible.

Sure sounds like you've got a dead motherboard video section - maybe try a BIOS flash, but without a display, could be a problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds