Toshiba M45 laptop might be fried

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by madart1127, Jun 10, 2009.

1. madart1127

madart1127 Private E-2

Hello all! I have a major issue with my laptop I hope I can get some insight on.

My son surfed the web one night on it. I came in the next morning and it kept freezing. I could see my mouse, the power was on, but no HD movement at all. I was thinking virus. I ran zonealarm virus scan and found nothing. Then, I went to get online and it froze again. Now, I turned off the computer and when I powered on, the fans start, and the drive blinks once, then the power goes off. After 5 tries, it started up but froze again after 2-3 minutes. Now, after 20 or so tries, it only comes on for 3-5 seconds (, power light at switch is on, fan spins, drive light blinksthen it shuts down.)

I tried to start with and without power cord, with and without battery, with and without the hard drive installed, I took out the ram and it still does the same thing. Except when I took the ram out, the HD light did not blink.

Does anyone know how I might be able to diagnose this problem for sure so I can possibly replace the right part?I yelled at my son believing he did something and he feels really bad, so I would like to be proven wrong here and apologize to him. Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

No beeps??? What happens when you hook it up to an external monitor??

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds