Toshiba NetGear Wireless Connectivity

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by keeferj2, Dec 4, 2010.

1. keeferj2

keeferj2 Private First Class

My sister bought a Toshiba Satellite A665 with Windows 7. She as a wireless router from Netgear, WGR614V6, which she's has and HP desktop connected by ethercable and an older laptop with XP connected wirelessly. We cannot get it to connect with cable or wireless. But she has been able to connect using her cell phone as the modem.

We've run through all the trouble shooting steps from windows, netgear and about any sight where I could remoting understand what they were talking about.

The operating system can see the wireless network but will not connect. We've even gone in and confirmed the passphrase on the router. When the cable's plugged in, I would expect to be able to get to the internet but no go.

When she uses her cell phone as the modem, she's able to connect to the internet. :confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds