Toshiba p100-188 PSPA3E no display or sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bobdrakke, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Bobdrakke

Bobdrakke Private E-2

My neighbour has an Toshiba p100-188 PSPA3E-02W00XEN laptop running dual boot of xp and 7. In XP there is no display after the logo and in 7 no sound.

XP screen is slighty garbled with stripes on screen and fonts in white and purple. It goes to windows logo with the progress bar and when loading is finished the screen goes blank (black).

In safe mode the screen loads as normal I try to rollback nvidia geforce go 7600 and get an error "no backuped driver" and can't update as its the latest from nvidia. Is there way to force xp to use generic driver?

I feel that nvidia geforce go 7600 driver is unstable and the of the heat laptop makes things worse.

In 7 there is no screen corruption in loading or in OS (7 is using generic grphacis driver) when I updated the graphics card driver to geforce 7600 I get a blank screen after loading 7. I repeated the same steps in xp safemode and sucessfully rolled backed the driver.

The sound is from conexant but its not recognised and no drivers available. How safe is it to try vista drivers?

I checked toshiba website and thats all they have.

TIA

2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Vista drivers are like a 90% win in 7.
    Have you tried an external monitor? I have had trouble with Windows using displays my laptops cannot handle. Check your function keys and see if you can swap to an external on boot or after Windows loads.

3. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Oops, double post

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds