Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator only burns 1st 2 of 4 discs for an L500D Laptop

Discussion in 'Software' started by peter333, Dec 15, 2010.

1. peter333

peter333 Private E-2

I bought this laptop 2nd hand in the last two days with the factory default reset. However, I could only burn the 1st 2 out of 4 recovery discs using Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator.

I am running Vista Home Premium SP2 32bit. I booted to F8 reset to factory "out of the box" settings which went fine. I did this in case there was a glitch when the previous owner restored the factory settings.

As it had SP1, I installed SP2. I have upgraded the BIOS from 1.1 to 1.4, the latest. I have also installed the latest version of Recovery Disc Creator for L500D, after uninstalling the old version.

Downloads have been from http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/support/notebooks/satellite/l500/pslk0a-00r009/download.

I have changed to another brand of blank DVD. I have ticked and unticked "Verify" in the Recovery Disc Creator. I also have the latest Toshiba Disk Creator software version installed. I have tried burning discs 3 & 4 separately from the whole set

I get no error message, only that the 3rd disc progress bar never quite finishes to the end. The previous owner never created a set of factory restore discs. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. techsent

techsent Corporal

Hi peter333,

Try again but this time start the 3rd disk just before you go to sleep. After 8 hours or so it may complete.

I had to do the same above for myself for the creation of my compaq laptop discs.

Techsent

3. peter333

peter333 Private E-2

Thanks. I got fed up after 3 hours burning prior to reading your e-mail. I took a punt and it turned out the disks burned fine but unlike the 1st 2, the completion bar did not reach the end nor did the disk pop out when it finished. Thanks again. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds