Toshiba Restore disc creator failure

Discussion in 'Software' started by NationalAcrobat, Aug 15, 2012.

1. NationalAcrobat

NationalAcrobat Private First Class

Hey all. Hoping someone can help me with a small problem. I have a brand new Toshiba l745. I have the laptop exactly how I want it with regards to creating a restore disc. Unfortunately, Toshiba's Restore Media Creator program fails to verify the 1st disc every time I try to burn a set of restore dvds. I am not gonna just hope that the discs work when I need them. Can this be done with windows7 or is there another program I can use to complete this task? Or maybe someone knows what the deal with Toshiba's software. (I already burned a test DVD to make sure the drive is capable of burning the discs I am using) Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

I use the Acronis Discwizard - it is fast and I have always been able to restore if needed.
    The program is free for your Maxtor hdd,

http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.j...toid=d9fd4a3cdde5c010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD

Click "downloads" and discwizard.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds