Toshiba Satellite 2400-S201 WinXP format files

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by enemigoman, Apr 24, 2008.

1. enemigoman

enemigoman Private E-2

Hello:

I want to format my old Toshiba Satellite 2400-S201, but I lost the original disk that came with it.

Do you know of any site where I could get the necessary files to do this. I already tried the toshiba site, but I could only find updates and not the original system files.

Thanks

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Which disk are you referring to? If you need a disc to install Windows from, you cannot download it on the internet anywhere legally, not even for a fee. You must purchase a physical CD. If the PC has a product key sticker, you can borrow a friends disc if it is the same version of Windows shown on the sticker. You should be able to get recovery discs from Toshiba for a discount. A friend of mine had a similar problem with his HP desktop. He had registered it with HP when he bought it and his name and the serial number were on file with HP. He sent them an email and they supplied a secure link where he entered his name, serial number, and credit card information, and 3 days later he had a full set of recovery discs: the Windows XP install CD, a driver CD, and an applications/utilities CD with stuff like Norton, MS Works, WinDVD, etc.... He only had to pay for expedited shipping, and a small handling fee; the actual discs were free. All in all, it was about $32 and a totally painless experience.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds