Toshiba Satellite L300 Boot problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by madscot, Feb 4, 2012.

1. madscot

madscot Private E-2

hello all who can help. toshiba l300 PSLB8 04N01X, OS VISTA
    When i try to start up it comes up with system recovery options but can't find os or the drivers to load

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Re: Toshiba Satellite L300 Won't Boot

Hi madscot,

You should really start a new thread. It keeps the forum tidy.

Try hitting the Next button instead of the Load Drivers button. Then choose Startup Repair from the list of five options. Let it run. Then restart and see if now finds the OS and will run automatic repair.

3. madscot

madscot Private E-2

I'm not sure how to start a new thread. I have hit the next button and get to the repair options and then I get an error F3-FF00-0017

4. madscot

madscot Private E-2

I've tried starting the computer holding down the zero key till it beeps, hitting F12 on boot up and using the start up disc and it comes up to the system recovery option.
    1. select a key board layout
    2. hit next
    3. comes up with select os system, no os in window, hit next
    4. choose recovery system
    5. choose startup repair ( attempting repair)
    6.start up repair can't automatically
    signature 6 corrupt partition table

5. usasma

usasma Private E-2

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2012
  6. sach2

I think it is probably worth trying to rewrite your partition table. Download a gparted ISO and either burn it to a blank CD using Imgburn's "write Image File to Disc" option or put it on an empty USB flash drive using Live USB Creator.

Boot from the CD/USB.
    Click the black monitor/tv icon to open Terminal.
    Type testdisk and hit <enter>
    Create is highlighted so hit <enter>
    Highlight your HD using up/down arrow<enter>
    Intel is highlighted <enter>
    Analyse is highlighted <enter>
    Quick Search is highlighted <enter>
    You'll see some results are the partitions listed all in green text? How many are listed? If you highlight each of them and hit "P" does it list files? Use combination of P to see files and then Q to go back to list and highlight next one and hit P to list files...

7. madscot

madscot Private E-2

Toshiba Satellite L300 replaced HD and when I reboot it with toshiba recovery disk some hardware did not install properly, display, wireless, modem, how do I get them working

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Load the chipset drivers.

9. madscot

madscot Private E-2

for some reason i can get the drive to load. I went to the toshisa support and down load the drives but they seem not to be install because the ones is see in the device manager are 32 bit and i need 64 bit. also I'm using vista and i can't get to load service pack 2

10. madscot

madscot Private E-2

what due you mean by chip drive, I've down load the diver withe error but they don't load. in device manager I get code error 39

11. sach2

12. madscot

madscot Private E-2

I've tried the chipset that you suggest and I've tried the chipset from toshiba, it say that it down is complete but still get the code 39 error in device manager.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds