Toshiba Satellite L355 Xp drivers desperately needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by JoyBoy, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBoy

JoyBoy Private E-2

Hello Friends, I recently bought a Toshiba Satellite L355 notebook that came pre installed with Vista. Because most of my software won't work on the vista platform I opted to install XP. The xp installation was okay except that drivers for a few devices are missing. I have been to Toshiba's website but they only support Vista for this model. Please help!!!

I need drivers for the following devices:

1. Network Controller
    2. SM Bus Controller
    3. Video Controller
    4. Video Controller (VGA compatible)
    5. PCI device (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293E)

I've also attached the result of the Everest diagnosis.

Attached Files:

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    There are times when dumping Vista in favor of XP isn't a good idea, sometimes drivers simply aren't available for XP. Period. End of story. However, that isn't case here.
    Video Driver for WinXP
    Wifi Driver for WinXP
    Chipset Driver for WinXP (incl. SMBus and others)
    Audio Driver for WinXP
    :-D That should do it! If you have any problems or questions, feel free to post!!!!
    Happy Holidays!

[dlb]

(NOTE: you should probably install KB888111 before installing the sound drivers. KB888111 is the Microsoft UAA HiDef Audio update for WinXP; your audio driver may not function properly without it. I'd install it anyway; if it's not needed, it won't hurt anything if it's installed, but if it is needed and not installed, then you'd have problems ;) )

3. JoyBoy

JoyBoy Private E-2

Thanks Dlb, using your link I was able to download the Microsoft UAA HiDef Audio update for WinXP without any trouble. The links to the other drivers however just don't connect to Toshiba's website. Do you know of any alternative download sites for these drivers?:-o

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I just checked all 4 driver links, and they worked just fine. The video link goes to the intel site (full link: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&OSFullName=Windows* XP Home Edition&lang=eng). The others are direct download links, and I just tried 'em and they work fine. But here's the full links, try to copy-n-paste them into your browser's address bar...
    http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/driver_wifi_atheros_27763A.exe (wifi)
    http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/patch_chipset_intel_27836A.exe (chipset)
    http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/driver_audio_realtek_28284A.exe (audio)
    If they still won't work, you can get the audio driver here at Major Geeks (link: http://www.majorgeeks.com/Realtek_High_Definition_Audio_for_2KXP03_d4902.html). Here's a link to the Toshiba drivers for your laptop. Just be sure to use the XP drivers...
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...&selFamily=1073768663&selModel=2145609|PSLD8U

(if you have popups disabled, that may be blocking the direct links from working; I just copy-n-pasted each link in to Opera, IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Avant browser, and they opened just fine each time)

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Oh yeah... to copy the links to the browser address bar, just right click the link and select "Copy link location" if using Firefox, or "Copy shortcut" if using Internet Explorer. The go up to the address bar, be sure it's empty, right click and select "Paste", then click "Go" or the green arrow or whatever. You can probably even paste the links into the Run box (click Start > Run) and the download dialog should open.

6. ticklemedeebo

ticklemedeebo Private E-2

I have this same model Toshiba. I have downloaded the drivers here. Are there any others I may need?

Also, when I tell the computer to boot from the disk, it says okay, then I get an error message. Tells me I should restart. Errrrrrr. Not sure what to do. =\

--Deb

7. JoyBoy

JoyBoy Private E-2

Hello Dib, I think I am experiencing difficulties downloading the links as a result of my Internet service provider.
    So far, I've only been able to download the microsoft audio updater.
    The Realtek audio drivers at Major geek's site might be corrupt as the download keeps failing before completion.
    The Toshiba site keeps on giving me the following message when I attempt downloading it using IE.

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.

Cannot communicate with cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com(207.38.23.82).

Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response.

Windows found a problem that cannot be repaired automatically.

Contact your internet service provider or network administrator."

Bear in mind, I don't experience this difficulty downloading from other websites. So could you possibly email these drivers to me as an attachment?

8. JoyBoy

JoyBoy Private E-2

Sorry I forgot to mention that I also have no problem downloading the video drivers from intel's website.

9. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

@ JoyBoy: try using this link:
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...&selFamily=1073768663&selModel=2145609|PSLD8U
    That goes to the Toshiba download page. It lists all the drivers available for your laptop. I just tried each link I posted earlier, and they all work fine, so you have a different problem. Perhaps you have malware or IE is messed up. Try installing Firefox (download from this link) and then use the links in Firefox.... other than that, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe follow the steps at this link to check for malware... the links I provided are all OK so the problem is elsewhere.

@ ticklemedeebo: please start your own thread. Hijacking someone else's thread only confuses things for you, the original thread starter, and the people giving the help.

10. JoyBoy

JoyBoy Private E-2

I just tried using firefox 3 and IE freshly installed on a virgin machine. I am able to download everything else, but with Toshiba site, no luck. I'll just have to keep on trying.
    Thanks for all the help.

11. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  12. JoyBoy

JoyBoy Private E-2

Thanks a bunch, I'm sorted.:cool

13. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:highfive Glad I could help! :-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds