Toshiba Satellite M35X Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MishaBlu, Dec 13, 2009.

1. MishaBlu

MishaBlu Private E-2

I have a Toshiba Satellite M35X-S109 that my boyfriend's dad gave me. He said he thinks the battery shorted out (the laptop won't run off of battery power). I used the recovery disk to reset the computer to original condition but now when I turn it on, it will load windows... think a few seconds and load windows again. It never gets to the login screen or anything like that. Any ideas? Much appreciated!

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the late reply:) Right you used the recovery disk when the battery died,what made you choose this course of action as there was no need to wipe the hard drive back to stock?Was it misadventure or had the computer become unstable?

Usually in this situation you would hit F8 and choose last known good configuration or safe mode and correct the problem you had just encountered,try last know good configuration I doubt it will work because you don't have a previous 'good' configuration,you can try safe mode to see if the computer gets into windows but we're unsure what to fix.

Since you have no important files to loose I'd check your recovery disk is clean and run it again as it sounds like something has become corrupt on the reinstall,try twice see if it stalls in the same place.

Failing any of these options something could have been damaged in the "short out" more info on what happened would be helpful.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds