Toshiba Satellite M35X-S109 Laptop Power Supply Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jahanzed, Jun 30, 2007.

1. jahanzed

jahanzed Private E-2

Hello

I have a Toshiba Satellite M35X-S109 Laptop with expired warranty. A few weeks ago, it stopped working all of a sudden. When I turn it on, the fan starts to work for a few seconds and then it stops. The laptop doesn’t boot up nor does the LCD lit up. I had a friend, who is a technician, check the laptop. He checked it and said that everything else (hard drive, mother board, LCD, etc..) is fine, the only problem with the laptop is that its Power Supply don’t work. He couldn’t find the Power Supply repair part, thus wasn’t able to fix it. Now the laptop is back in my home unfixed. He advised me to buy a power supply part and he can put it in the laptop and the laptop will be fine. I don’t know the part # of the power supply. He said I should contact Toshiba but my warranty is expired. Another friend suggested I should buy a similar model non working laptop and take out its power supply and fix my laptop.

Can any body advise as what my next step should be. I am willing to spend up to $150 on this laptop but not more than that.

Thanks in advance.

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds