Toshiba Satellite Vs Hp Pavillion G4

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zakster, Jul 10, 2016.

?

HP or Toshiba for the keeper.

1. HP Pavilion

2. Toshiba

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Zakster

Zakster Private E-2

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Tough choice. I've had Toshibas and been very pleased with them. I have an HP now and it is working fine. I also have an ASUS which is also very good. Guess it really comes down to what features you want the most.

3. Zakster

Zakster Private E-2

I'm more interested I guess, in what one would perform better over all. The i3 or the A6? Read many mixed reviews, and the benchmarks are a bit mixed... I know normally intel out performs AMD, but I am an AMD fan, and I know that to be true. I just can't see what one of these 2 is overall the better laptop... Like you said, "Tough Choice" So I am hoping to get some insight in here about it. I can upgrade the Memory and the hard drive, so those are not in question, just the CPU and graphics abilities.
    Also, thank you very much for your reply.

4. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

This is a no brainer to me.

The Toshiba has a 17.3 inch display, the HP a tiny 14.0.

The Toshiba's i3 is a slower processor but the cache is 3 times larger.

The Toshiba has 6GB of DDR3, the HP only 4GB.

The Toshiba also has a larger disk.

And with the Toshiba being in a larger case, cooling should be more effective (though this is certainly not a rule).

5. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

We generally use Toshiba for all our company laptops due to their excellent past reliability, reasonable speed and reasonable price. The Toshiba laptops aren't the fastest laptops around but they are still very good for the money. The Toshiba laptop you have chosen is an i3 processor and our company gets i5 processors as a minimum so this would be a bit slower than what I am used to but the build quality should be similar. In Australia the HP warranty isn't very good and they are very slow to respond after you send the laptop back to their base for repairs and in our case taking 3 months to get our laptop back to us. The Toshiba laptops have free onsite warranty and they come out on a business day usually within 24 hours. We have only had Toshiba Tech Support out twice in the last 12 years so this is a pretty good testament to their general reliability as our sales reps often don't take the best care of them. The Toshiba warranty used to be 2 years onsite and now it is down to 1 year onsite but we extend this to 2 years. We replace our laptops every 3 years as by then they are getting a quite knocked about from our sales reps taking them out on their rounds.
    These are what we currently get http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Notebooks/Notebooks/61502-PS562A-001001

A few months ago work got two Toshiba Portege i7 tablets with 600GB SSD drives and they are very fast although not really cheap. So far they have been problem free and one has already flown right around the world on a business trip with the Marketing Director.
    In the past we have tried HP, Samsung, Lenovo, MSI and Acer laptops. My second choice from the ones used at work would be an Acer if price is important or an MSI if performance is important.

Personally I have a Toshiba Satellite i7 and also a Dell Inspiron i7. Both are about 2½ years old and have been trouble free and both laptops are used by me every day.

So my pick out of the two laptops above is the Toshiba.
    Cheers
    joffa :cool:

6. Zakster

Zakster Private E-2

Thanks all. I am still trying to decide what one of the 2 to keep, and what one to give to my friend. Not too worried about the RAM and HDD, I can upgrade these. And these are some good points you all make, thank you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds