toshiba satellite will not boot even with recovery disk HELP!

Discussion in 'Software' started by mrich1234, Nov 4, 2012.

1. mrich1234

mrich1234 Private E-2

I have a Toshiba Satellite c675 with windows 7. This is my daughters laptop and one day it simply would not boot. When starting it will go all the way to starting windows then the black screen with the flashing curser that I have been reading about through the forums. I have been looking through the forums but could not find an answer so if someone could Pleaaassse help me :)
    It did not come with a recovery disk so I tried the HDD recovery and it would never give me the option to recovery. so I broke down bought the $29.95 disk had it mailed to me and it still will not recovery! I load the 1st disk in, hold down c like it says and it will show that it is loading files but then when it goes straight to the windows screen then the black screen with the flashing curser. I have tried everything. I have even tried boot with my disk drive but the same thing happens. Is my motherboard dead?
    Thank you everyone and anyone who can help me! I can't afford to take it to a computer place and especially cant afford a new system.
    Anything anyone needs from the laptop I can get for you.
    Any suggestions? thanks for your help!

2. cipher

cipher Major Geek Extraordinaire

Are you hearing any beep sounds as you attempt to boot?

3. mrich1234

mrich1234 Private E-2

No. I cannot even adjust my volume. When I finally was able to do the Windows memory test i got this.

Windows failed to sart. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1. insert windows installation disc and restart the computer. 2. choose your languate settings 3. click repair. Which I do not have the Windows installation disc just the recovery disc from Toshiba.
    it also noted :/boot/memtest.exe Status: 0xc000000f Info: the selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt. Thanks for your help!

4. cipher

cipher Major Geek Extraordinaire

What was the last thing you did before this happened? Any software installed? If you have any USB devices plugged in, remove them and try again.

What options does this toshiba disk present you with?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds