Toshiba SG20 Samba Server on Windows

Discussion in 'Software' started by Layzie Bone, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Layzie Bone

Layzie Bone Private E-2

I'm trying to figure out if it possible to load and run Windows (XP or 2000), on a Toshiba SG20 Samba Server. It comes with Linux and is accessable through a web console. Before I even think about starting to do anything to it, anyone with any knowledge with these units concerning drivers, particulary finding windows drivers.

The purpose of loading windows is simply so that I can run a online radio station in a small package, it is a very small unit, when compared to another tower and monitor and so fourth.

I also realize there's probably going to be a few bumps here and there, since there is no video card, no sound card, however there is an agp slot (or if i have mistaken it for something else, there are PCI slots and I actually have a PCI video card). Anyone with any knowledge, or advice I would be grateful. :)

2. brow96

brow96 Private E-2

This is an Intel machine. With a Via chipset. I can find or locate any details specifications on the motherboard installed in the server. BUT, this is older technology, I don't see any problems in converting this to a Windows PC.

There are many Linux tools that will give you detailed break downs of the device installed in your server. I would STRONGLY suggest that you use those tools to find out all the pertinent details for the following:

1 - Main chipset
    2 - Video chipset
    3 - Network chipset(s)
    4 - USB chipset

Do this BEFORE you start the conversion. That way you can research the availability of drivers for the devices installed.

HTH

Bill

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds