1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Goldeeno, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Goldeeno

Goldeeno Private E-2

Hello, ive been given a laptop, but i think two things are missing. It hasnt got a power supply but on the bottom it has Dc 15v, is this the voltage power supply unit i need?
    Secondly again on the bottom, there seems to be 2 slots which have nothing in, and i dont know anything when it comes to laptops. Can anyone tell me what should be there? (pic included)

Attached Files:

2. sl00py99

sl00py99 Private First Class

:eek: Hi. I used to have a Tecra 8000. Anyway, the two open slots there in the pic are where the memory modules go. And yes, I believe the power supply is 15vdc. You should be able to order all 3 items online. Good night and good luck.
  3. Goldeeno

Goldeeno Private E-2

Many Thanks
  4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Welcome to Major Geeks.:cool: :) ;)

Google link to your Tecra 8000.

Might help you. Bazza

5. Jazagod

Jazagod Command Sergeant Major

haha, I have a tecra 550cdt....my dog spilled coffe on it so i had to remove the keyboard...
    Tonight we party (happy halloween) my wife as mother nature, and me as science with that keyboard pinned to me and a few old pc parts from the past:D not to mention some commodor64 parts, like the press play on tape thing!!
  6. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

YESSS!!! A commodore 64 reference! THAT ROCKS!! that takes me back to the early 80's and my old Apple ][e ..... :D

right now all the youngsters are saying 'Commodore 64????? Apple ][e??? WTF?!?!?!' LOL!

I know- off topic... but I HAD to say something!!!