Total confusion,power and mother board ni total disaggrement

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lean, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Lean

Lean Private E-2

Please i need an assistance on this problem,I have a desktop computer of P4 to repair because it does not respond when i try to put it on true the (power button), thought the (power box) cable is well pluged to electricity and its (ATX ) nap is well connected to its slot on the (mother board), but note i tested the (power box) on a diffirent pc,it worked well, when i open the (case) to find out what is the problem, i discoverd that the fan of the (power box) is not rotating, but note i tested the (power box) on a diffirent pc,it worked well the fan did rotate well, but on the (mother board) there is this green light lights on,which proves to me some how that the (mother board) is in good condition,but yet i needed to test the (mother boerd) to find out if in good condition rearly, here is my action,i disconnected every element connected on the (mother board) except (ATX ) wire on the (mother board), i used an electricfied object to start it true the (power board) on the (mother board) but yet it did not respond and the fan on the (Proccesor) did not rotate too, pls tell me what can i do ?, how can i test this (mother board) to find out if its in good condition or where could the problem come from ?,the mamory (RAMS) are good, (Dard Disk) is good but i dont know of Proccesor, thought mother board can be tested even when the proccesor is not good ?.

Mother board: INTER DESKTOP BOARD D845 GEVA
    Proccesor :INTER PGA
    Ram : DDR
    Power box :ATX

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Processer has to be good, try to power up MB with only processer and memory, should bring up bios screen if alls good. Remove MB battery for 15 sec and reinstall, this will set MB to factory default. ed

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds