Total loss of Network Connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LostMapper, Nov 19, 2009.

1. LostMapper

LostMapper Private E-2

I have lost all connections set up in "Network & Dial-up Connections". When I go to set up a new one, I go through all of the steps, it says it is finished. When I check the main window again, there is nothing there.

I have tried installing an old 3-Com ethernet card that has worked on other computers before. It will not install the drivers resident on Windows or from the floppy/CD I have for it.

I can not see the internet or any other computers on the local network.

I am on a WinXP Pro SP3 (update as of 11/11/09), Dual Xeon chip MB, at least 1GB RAM, Firefox (used mainly), IE8, Norton AV 2009 updated since at least 11/1/09), Spybot S&D (WITH TeaTimer running), Ad-Aware, & Spywareblaster.

My IT at work says all he can think of now is re-installing windows. I do not want to do this if at all possible.

The firewall says it is not on. Went to install it and it says the associated service is not running. Went to start the service and it says it can't start it. Removed HD from computer and scanned it with updated NAV2009 on another computer and found nothing.

Am I missing or is there a corrupted file that I can dl from the internet and re-install?

Thanks for any Help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds