Touchpad and Bluetooth driver issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Atticus James, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Atticus James

Atticus James Private E-2

Hello,

I recently did a clean format of my computer. I've had some issues with drivers and have been able to get everything working except for bluetooth and my trackpad. I have tried to download the newest versions and although my trackpad works, the right click button will all of the sudden stop being recognized and I can only fix it by pressing ctrl-alt-del. The bluetooth driver is not recognized at all.

It is a Dell Latitude E6410 running Windows 7 (I tried to install windows xp and couldn't. Eventually I managed to install windows 7 using my product key and my xp disc. I did not know this was possible, but clearly that is how I messed things up).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

OS: Windows 7 Professional (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)

Network Drives: None discovered

Other Devices:
    Ricoh 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller
    Microsoft AC Adapter
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery (2x)
    Microsoft Composite Battery
    Integrated Webcam
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Dell Touchpad [Mouse]
    SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller
    Smart card filter driver
    Microsoft Usbccid Smartcard Reader (WUDF)
    Generic USB Hub (2x)
    USB Composite Device (2x)
    USB Root Hub (2x)
    Generic volume shadow copy

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Atticus James

Thank you for getting back to me. Yes, I did go the dell driver site and downloaded the ones that were relevant. That didn't fix the problem. I ran the Driver Booster program that I downloaded from here last night and it seems that the trackpad is behaving normally. I have not been on it long enough to be sure.

Also, when I try to install the bluetooth driver it tells me the next step is to turn on Bluetooth using my wireless radio switch. That does not change anything. I even went into the BIOS to make sure that the activity of the connection switch was tied to Bluetooth.

In device manager I see the following with each device saying there is no driver installed:

Other devices:

Broadcom USH (both with the yellow exclamation points)
    Unknown device

Thanks again

4. plodr

5. Atticus James

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me. I did go to the website and install the Broadcom driver. I had not done it earlier because I did not (probably mistakenly) think it had anything to do with either the bluetooth or trackpad driver. I am now having problems not only with my trackpad, but my keyboard behaving as though I am pressing buttons on my trackpad that I am not (somehow, it has deleted my post three times as I have been writing it). All of the sudden (like now) things go back to normal and I have not done anything to adjust the situation. I still cannot figure out how to install the bluetooth driver. I apologize if I am misreading the information on the website and I really do appreciate your help.

Thanks again.

6. plodr

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds