TouchPad and Keyboard Errors

Discussion in 'Software' started by zelmo, Mar 2, 2006.

1. zelmo

zelmo Private E-2

I'm pretty sure this is a software issue. I have a Toshiba Satellite A75-S209 laptop, with Windows XP. Yesterday, the Touchpad cursor froze in place, and rebooting didn't help. I purchased an optical wireless mouse in order to finish what I was doing, but upon plugging it in, the Touchpad unfroze. I'm not exactly sure what happened to make it function properly again. But then the second problem cropped up immediately. The right side of my keyboard began to malfunction. The key for "M" became "0", the key for "P" became " -", and so on. But only on my user screen. My wife's user screen is functioning normally, and that is what I'm typing on now. Software issue? Any ideas?

I have Webroot's Spy Sweeper running, as well as Adaware SE, and McAfee Virus Scan. Nothing is turning up. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

2. zelmo

zelmo Private E-2

Other info that you may need: XP service pack 2, Pentium 4 3.06 GhZ, 448MB RAM

3. ThrobbingBrain66

ThrobbingBrain66 Private E-2

4. zelmo

zelmo Private E-2

Hey, that was a good idea. I went to the link, and I did a search for keyboard errors. The resulting info led me to believe I had an "overlay" on my keyboard and needed to restore the settings to normal. It worked. As simple as pressing FN and F10 at the same time. It works fine again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds