touchpad commands are reversed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kmcoburn, Nov 2, 2009.

1. kmcoburn

kmcoburn Private E-2

my laptop is a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ240. the touchpad does the opposite of what i ask. any help?

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Have you installed the touch-pad configuration software?

3. kmcoburn

kmcoburn Private E-2

i have not. where would i find it?

4. jlphlp

jlphlp Master Sergeant

Hi,

If you are refering to the buttons then go Control Panel, Mouse and set the mouse back to right handed. Pad is same as a mouse to Win.

Luck, Jim

5. kmcoburn

kmcoburn Private E-2

the buttons are fine. when i move my finger on the pad, the pointer goes in the opposite direction.

6. jlphlp

jlphlp Master Sergeant

Hi again,

The pad must have an eletronic problem or the software is bad, but you already knew that. Do what PC says. Go to Sony's site and download the driver for the pad.

Good luck, Jim

7. kmcoburn

kmcoburn Private E-2

i downloaded the driver from sony and everything appears to be working fine now. thanks!

8. taghavi

taghavi Private E-2

Before you wake your computer, completely cover the touch-pad with your hand (make sure your hand/fingers is in contact with as much area of the touch-pad as possible; then wake-up your laptop.

Frankly, I am not totally sure why this works but I think it may have to do with the fact that the touch-pad uses impedance to track your finger. By covering it, you sort of give it a set and repeatable initial condition that ensures a repeatable outcome.....

I tried many remedies before but they were never better than random. This one has never failed me.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds