Touchscreen Not Working Please Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yamatosoul, Jun 30, 2016.

1. yamatosoul

yamatosoul Private E-2

I ran Driver Booster by iobit to update the drivers on my laptop, and now, the touchscreen is not working. It always works fine on my desktop, so, I don't understand what happened. I have Windows 10, and would really appreciate any help. Thank you.

2. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

I never - as in NEVER EVER use any 3rd party application to manage/update drivers. They (and notably IOBit) have a reputation for, at best, not being needed and at worse, breaking things.

In W10, you can try rolling back the driver(s). In Device Manager, double-click on the driver, select the driver tab, then Roll Back Driver and follow the prompts. If that does not work, you may need to totally uninstall the driver, reboot, then install it again.

3. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Have you tried this?

4. yamatosoul

yamatosoul Private E-2

System restore on the Driver Booster did not work. Can you suggest anything else?

5. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

Then you might have to totally uninstall the driver, reboot and install it again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds