1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Malware Removal' started by Neptrune, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Neptrune

Neptrune Private E-2

I've asked in several forums but I think you would really help me.
    I found that file TR/Dropper.Gen and its unknown to me. Do you know if it is a virus? If it is how do i deal with it? I scanned my computer with my av program but it does not detect it? help :confused
  2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. Neptrune

Neptrune Private E-2

Hello, TimW,
    I was actually worrying only for this file and i want to know what it is, how i got it and if it is dangerous.
    Anyways, I followed all of the steps.
    I am using only one AV program, I do not have several Firewalls and I am not using disk emulation programs.
    So, are you familiar with this file and do you have any info about it?
  4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

All you've given us is a generic name the scanner has given the threat. We would need exact file and file location of threat at the very least.
  5. Neptrune

Neptrune Private E-2

I solved the problem with a little help and a little google-ing. I searched for the file name and found some information that answered my questions and helped me remove the file (which as i thought was a virus).
    For anyone with the same problem - here is what i found: http://www.americanpendulum.com/en/2012/03/14/remove-trdropper-gen/ and
    What i did was that i ended the process in the Task Manager and deleted the file from Program files and from the computer registry.

Thank you TimW and Kestrel13! for your answers :)
  6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Good to know you got it fixed. Safe surfing. ;)