Tracing computer location thru email

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dadeo, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Dadeo

Dadeo Private E-2

Hello,

I received an email from a person in Mexico. I used eMailTrackerPro which determined that the "network responsible for the computer" which sent the email is in Zurich, Switzerland. According to the sender, the computer they used was in an internet cafe in Mexico.

Is it possible for a computer in Mexico to send an email which seems to originate in Switzerland? I don't know if it matters, but the sender used a yahoo.fr email address from which to send the email.

Thank you

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Possible ....you can click on file / properties / then the details tab and view source ...may give some additional info.

3. Dadeo

Dadeo Private E-2

When I click Properties, there is no option to click Files. I am using Yahoo email if that counts.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds