Trail Software Time Extender

Discussion in 'Software' started by coover, Jan 23, 2015.

1. coover

coover Private E-2

I believe I saw a few days ago on Major Geeks a software that extended the time Trial Software could be run. Not having any Trial Software, I passed up the opportunity to download it. Today I downloaded software that, apparently, is only good for 30 days.

Does anyone know which software was on the MajorGeeks website recently that would extend the 30 day limit, or of another free alternative?

Thank you very much for your information.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi, coover. Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

I believe you're referring to the ability to extend the "trial" period for Windows to 90 days from 30 days. I know of no such software posted on Major Geeks to extend the 30 day period for apps such as AV apps. I don't think Major Attitude would condone circumvention.

3. coover

coover Private E-2

No, I am not trying to extend the time for Windows.

Today, I downloaded Vice Versa. Major Geeks listed it as "freeware", but it turned out to be trialware. Previously I have used Vice Versa when it was free. Apparently that is not the case now. As freeware, the software is well worth having on my hard drive. It is not worth purchasing it when I MAY use it every 6 months or so.

I do remember software presented on Major Geeks sometime in the last few days that would extend the trial and was hoping somebody could point me toward it.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

The company has an old free version, 1.0,5 from 2012, available for download on its site
    http://www.tgrmn.com/free/
    Do not download the Pro version or the Trial version if you wish to continue to use it freely.

Uninstall what you have before you install the older version.

5. coover

coover Private E-2

Thanks, plodr. I was able to uninstall Vice Versa Pro, but it left remnants on the hard drive. But those remnants could not be removed as they were somehow "locked" . Fortunately, I have Emco's "Move on boot" and was able remove the rest of the application.

I then downloaded the free version (1.05) and successfully installed it.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Glad you got it sorted out.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds