Transfer data from 20gb hd to another hd xbox360?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cronoisme, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Cronoisme

Cronoisme Private First Class

Yeah im running real low on my 20 gb hd for the 360. I was wondering if I had like a large enough USB drive if I could pop that in and transfer my data to the larger one? Anyone know if thats possible and if so how to do it?

2. LoneW0lf

LoneW0lf Private E-2

You can just buy a bigger hard drive and use the transfer cable.
    I`m not entirely sure if the usb thing would work, but when i had my 360 i used my usb stick as extra storage, weather it`ll be a replacement for a proper HDD i don`t know.

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I would not use a USB stick for long-term storage of anything. They're not built for that, and not reliable enough as the only place to store data you care about.

EDIT:
    When we upgraded our 360 drive, we just bought a bigger one and used the transfer cable that came with it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds