Transfer Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010

Discussion in 'Software' started by Crapgame, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Crapgame

Crapgame Private E-2

Greetings all:

Here is what I need to do…. I have an old desktop running XP SP3 and Outlook 2007. I want to transfer ALL Outlook info to the new Computer (Running 7 (64bit) and Outlook 2010. I have searched for some time now and have not found any easy way to do this.

Additionally, the reason for the new computer ….. the old computer’s HD has become somewhat unstable (I have had to run Chkdsk to repair bad sectors more than once, successful but I don’t trust it to last much longer). Currently I don’t turn the old one on at all and won’t until I come up with an easy way to transfer my Outlook data.

Any help would be appreciated, soon I hope, once I fire-up Outlook on the old Desktop it will download the 1,000+ emails currently on the server……

Thanks in advance:

Crapgame

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

You will need to open Outlook 2007 > Tools > Account Settings > Data Files tab. That tells you where your .PST data file is located, so browse to that location and copy the file to a flash drive or CD.

If you haven't already done so, set up the same account details in Outlook 2010 and using the same path find out where your data file is located in 2010. Copy the 2007 data file to that location in 2010, replacing the existing file if necessary.

That should do it and you can go ahead and download any stuff still sitting on the server.

The .PST file (upper or lowr case) contains all your sent and received messages, your calendar and your contacts, though depending on your archiving settings in 2007 there may be an archive.pst file as well containing older messages. If that exists copy that across too.

EDIT - disconnect the XP system from the internet first to avoid downloading new messages to 2007

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds