Transfer VHS videos to computer, dvds

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Anon-15281db623, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

We have about 150 old family videos on VHS and we're worried about how long these things are going to last before we can no longer play them. I'd like to preserve our memories and cherished videos by ripping them to my computer and then possibly transferring to DVD or BlueRay when the media becomes less expensive. My problem however, is that I do not know where to start. I have a VCR, and I guess I'll need a video capture card, and some video editing software. What do you guys recommend hardware and software wise?

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Have a read of this. :)

3. MacUK

MacUK Private E-2

Hey

If you did not want to tackle this yourself I work for a UK company that provides this service. We can convert your videos to a pre authored DVD with a menu system allowing you to select tape A, tape B and then chapter points from within each.

We also capture the video and provide in a range of formats (MPEG-2, Quicktime, AVI etc) for editing and authoring on windows PCs, apple Mac or Linux and we provide help for all of our clients and can suggest the best software to use dependant upon your requirements. We are also there to help when you hit an inevitable snag! :)

This is our page for converting VHS to DVD page - alternatively, if you would like to have a go yourself.

If you have any questions or I can help, just give me a shout, only too happy to assist.

All the best
    Marcus

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds