Transfering E-books On Demand Off Website

Discussion in 'Software' started by colpubs, Nov 26, 2007.

1. colpubs

colpubs Private E-2

I need some guidence on how to transfer a file such as an e-book from my website to someone who wants to read it. I want to be able to do this for free and without them having to give any details to my website. In other words, give them access to these files and let them download a file on demand. Can anyone give me some clues?rolleyes

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If you have webspace with your website or use an online file hosting site and upload the e-books, then create a downloads webpage on your site and link to the location of the files.

A possible file host and by using the Public Folders you will achieve what you want, http://skydrive.live.com/welcomemoreinfo.aspx ( sadly doesnt work in all countries as yet )

eg. this is one doc in a public folder of mine, all I do is use the link to link you or anyone to the file Exchange Server 2007 Architecture Poster < Click me to open or right click and Save As ( Right Click Save As will download it to your PC, the normal click will open it...... depending on what file types you use )

3. colpubs

colpubs Private E-2

Thanks Halo, that's a good starting point. I'll work on it and come back if I run into problems.
    Thanks
    Jeff

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds